IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)
The IVF Centre Vitalis benefits
- The high efficiency of IVF programs. The effectiveness of IVF programs in our clinic is 7% higher than the average in Europe (according to statistics from the European Society for Human Reproduction and Embryology ESHRE).
- Sparing protocol. We use the most attenuated Japanese embryological protocol.
- High quality equipment. The Center is equipped with new high quality equipment from brands Storz, Dräger, Richard Wolf, Nicon, Taylor-Wharton.
- Full diagnostic. We perform a complete pre-implantation genetic embryo diagnostic of 46 chromosomes (PGD according to the aCGH method).
- Leading companies — vendors of donor ovocytes and sperm. We interact with leading Russian companies — vendors of donor ovocytes and sperm, which have the most stringent criteria for the biomaterial selection.
- 100% success of surrogate maternity programs. No complications were recorded in surrogate maternity protocols — 100% of programs were successfully completed.
- Convenient location. The clinic is located at the center of Moscow. There is a private parking.
The method of in vitro fertilization began to use in world practice for the treatment of infertility in 1970s. Throughout its history, it has been constantly improved and developed. Today, neither doctors nor patients have any doubts about its effectiveness. IVF ("in vitro fertilization") is included in the list of assisted reproductive technologies, in which there are other methods:
Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI). It implies the movement of the sperm inside the ovocyte using a microtool. The method is used in the case of azoospermia, retrograde ejaculation, failed attempts of previous IVF, etc.
Artificial insemination — a technique of sperm introduction directly into the uterus. It can be performed with and without ovulation stimulation. The method is indicated in case of a small sperm quantity, disturbance of vagina acidity, a large length of the cervix, some autoimmune diseases, erection problems.
In addition, IVF has several options (with stimulation, in the natural cycle, using a donor ovocyte, according to the transport scheme, surrogate maternity) and is accompanied by a number of stages — the transfer of cryopreserved embryos, pre-implantation genetic diagnostic (PGD). Each of these methods has specific features, indications and contraindications, so the choice of correct method is always individual.
When IVF is used?
The method is suitable for the infertility treatment, both in female and male. Usually, IVF is used when other therapies have been ineffective. These conditions include the following:
- Complete obstruction of the fallopian tubes.
- Single sperm cells.
- Disturbance of the ovocyte release from the follicle (anovulation).
- Infertility of unknown etiology.
In the presence of other diseases that contribute to the infertility development, the method is recommended in cases when conservative treatment for two years did not give the desired result. In addition, any couple can do IVF at their own will, but only if there are no contraindications, including the following:
- Somatic diseases that may affect gestational pregnancy (congenital heart defects, kidney, liver failure, etc.).
- Congenital or acquired uterine abnormalities.
- Benign and malignant tumors of the ovaries, uterus and other organs.
- Acute infectious and inflammatory diseases.
- Psychiatric disorders.
Some of these contraindications are relative. In this case, after their elimination with the help of appropriate treatment, it will be possible to consider again the issue of IVF.
How is the procedure performed?
The IVF method implies obtaining a woman's ovocytes, their fertilization in artificial conditions, followed by transfer to the uterus. To achieve these objectives, the following steps are necessary:
Next — the pregnancy support with hormones.
At the final stage, the pregnancy is diagnosed using an ultrasound scan, which allows to verify the success of the procedure.
How to behave after IVF?
After embryo transfer, a woman should be especially careful about her health. The maximum rest is recommended for the first few days, without any physical exertion or vigorous activity. It is necessary to avoid as much as possible any diseases, including colds. General recommendations include healthy diet, adequate sleep, walking in the fresh air, etc. In general, the course of pregnancy after IVF has no difference from the pregnancy after natural fertilization.
Specialists of our clinic have strong experience of the IVF implementation and subsequent monitoring of pregnant women. We individually examine each patient and always take into account his or her wishes. The secret of our success is the high professionalism and high quality clinic equipment.